Graduation exercises are conducted at the end of the spring semester for all students who complete ALL coursework by the end of the summer term. This includes students completing graduation requirements from Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017.
South Piedmont Community College 2017 Commencement will be
Thursday, May 11, 2017 at the Union County Agricultural Center
GRADUATION CEREMONY TIMES:
10 am includes all UCEC students, Allied Health and Nursing students
2 pm includes all ACEC students, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science,
and Applied Science and Technology students
**An email was sent to students who turned in their graduation application, requested to walk, and completed all the graduation requirements by March 1st. The seven (7) tickets granted each participant will be available for pickup beginning 9 am Tuesday, April 25 until 5 pm Wednesday, May 10, in the Registrar’s Office at the campus you selected on your graduation application. You will need to provide official identification to pick up graduation tickets. Extra tickets are not available. Students that complete all graduation requirements after March 1st will receive less than 7 tickets.
1. Meet with your program advisor to review your graduation status and sign your graduation application
The following are the minimum requirements for graduation. (*Some departments may have additional
requirements applicable only to that department.)
2. Pay graduation fees at the Business Office **March 1st
$18.50 – participation in graduation, includes degree, diploma, or certificate and cover
$5.00 for each additional degree, diploma, and/or certificate.
3. Purchase cap, gown, and tassel at the bookstore – SPCC Bookstore **March 1st
Cap, gown, and tassel – $40.00 + tax
Individually: Gown – $28, Cap – $7, Tassel – $5.25
All graduates must submit a graduation application in order to receive their degree, diploma, and/or certificate, regardless of whether or not they plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. Please submit a separate application for each degree, diploma, and/or certificate. Submit your signed GRADUATION APPLICATION to the Registrar’s Office
Important Dates and Deadlines:
November 30, 2016 Fall Graduation Application Deadline
February 7 & 8 Graduation Fair
March 1, 2017 Spring Graduation Application Deadline
March 1, 2017 Last day to purchase cap and gown
May 11, 2017 Commencement Ceremonies
June 30, 2017 Summer Graduation Application Deadline
Photos of participating graduates will be taken by Photo Specialties. They will contact you via email with information regarding online viewing and purchasing.
1. Can I request extra tickets? You may check with other participating graduates for extra tickets. The Registrar’s Office will not provide additional tickets.
2. My sister is only 2 years old. Does she need a ticket? Yes, due to fire marshal code, tickets will be collected at the door for each person entering, regardless of age or seat location.
3. Is there a dress code for graduation? Yes, NO alterations or changes to your regalia are to be made. Appropriate attire under your academic regalia includes the following:
– Dark colored dress pants or slacks for men
– Dark colored dress pants, slacks, dresses, or skirts below the knee for women
– Dark colored dress shoes or nice sandals ( No flip-flops)
– Comfortable shoes are recommended
4. When will my degree, diploma, or certificate be available?
Provided that you have met all of the requirements of your degree, you will be receiving an email in 4 to 6 weeks announcing that your degree is available. Your degree will be available at the campus indicated on your graduation application.
5. Where do I pick up my tickets?
You will pick up your tickets at whichever campus you stated you on your graduation application, no later than the day before graduation.
6. I can’t pick up my tickets, what do I do?
Email the registrar’s office mailto:email@example.com and let them know you are giving permission for “X” to pick them up (picture ID is required).
**There is NO ticket pick up the day of graduation.
7. Can I leave my tickets for guests to pick up at the door?
No No ticket – no entry
8. What if I decorate my cap?
Alterations are not allowed, you will not be allowed to participate unless you purchase a new cap.
9. Do you have a place that I can put my stuff during graduation? (ex. jacket, purse, etc.)
No – leave your personal items in your car or give them to a ticketed guest at your arrival.
10. Are balloons/noisemakers allowed?
No, they are a distraction for other guests.
11. What if I have guests with special accommodations?
Follow the instructions in the email sent out by the Registrar’s office by Friday, May 5th, 2017.
12. What if I arrive late?
If guests arrive late, they will not be allowed in until there is a good stopping point in the ceremony. If a graduate misses the line-up for students, they will not be allowed to participate.
Call or visit the Registrar’s Office if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Contact Us